Everyone, absolutely everyone, goes through moments of waiting, this time is known as dead time. Do you want to know how to take advantage of that “lost” time? So, we invite you to read the following blog.
Throughout our lives -even more so as adults- we go through moments of waiting either in line to make a payment, at the airport, at the hairdresser, driving, etc. However, everything changes if you are prepared and that is why we want to share with you some activities that we apply and that you can adopt to make the most of your time.
- Read a book: Reading will always be an activity that, in addition to contributing to your learning, also helps time pass faster given the concentration you have. Obviously we do not recommend reading while driving or doing any activity that requires another type of concentration. We always recommend carrying a book with you, you can have it in your backpack, in the car, preferably a physical book that allows you to disconnect from the immediacy of answering a WhatsApp.
- Listen to a podcast: If you are a more hearing person then this is the right option for you. You can do it while driving, on the plane, or even while exercising. Today there are podcasts on various topics – soon we will recommend podcasts-.
- Write: An activity that will allow you to better channel your emotions and interpret your ideas. Highly recommended to release stress and encourage your creativity. You don’t have to write a novel, you can also organize your agenda, some business ideas and much more.
- Sudoku, crossword or memorize: It will allow you to exercise your brain and concentration, you will see that little by little the exercise will become easier.
- Learn a language: Duolingo is an excellent alternative that allows you to learn multiple languages. Of course, this activity does require the use of your cell phone but believe me you will not regret it. Can you imagine having learned a new language a year ago? You can still start!
- Connect with others: When was the last time you talked to a stranger? These moments are ideal to break the ice and meet someone new. You can break the ice by complaining about the wait, but change the subject soon.
- Relax: Play games, surf the internet, check your Facebook or Instagram, listen to music. Not everything is learning and remember that rest is key to being more productive.
With these activities you can make your waiting times more pleasant and productive. However, do not abuse the demand, since it is also good for the mind to rest, so having moments of zero activity is also healthy.