Creativity is an increasingly valuable skill in the business world. However, many people feel trapped within daily routines and have difficulty finding new ideas and perspectives. Here are some strategies to help you be more creative in your work.
- Get out of your comfort zone: Creativity often comes from exposure to new experiences and perspectives. Getting out of the daily grind and experimenting with new things can help you see things differently, meet new people, and generate new ideas.
- Surround yourself with creative people: Creative people tend to inspire and motivate others. Look for people in your work environment who are known for their creativity and try to learn from them. If you are with three creative people you are likely to become the next creative person.
- Learn to think outside the box: Creativity is related to the ability to generate a large number of ideas and land them on concrete ideas, it is not enough to just have it in mind. Thinking outside the box will help you find new solutions to problems, even ideas that have been applied to another industry that is not related to the one you work in.
- Rest and meditation: The brain needs time to process and organize information. Resting and meditating can help free your mind and provide space for new ideas to emerge. Do not neglect your rest.
- Don’t be afraid of being wrong: Creativity often involves taking risks and trying new things. Don’t be afraid of being wrong, write down your idea and refine it, this is part of the learning and discovery process.
In summary, to be more creative you can do the techniques that we have recommended. Likewise, you can include in your routines other activities that you consider will personally help you, since some of the things mentioned above may serve you more than others. Remember that we are all creative people and that you just have to find our moments of greatest lucidity, over time you will see how more ideas come to you or you connect previous experiences to be able to develop things thinking about the future. If you want to put your ideas into practice, we invite you to learn about the best digital tools here.